Residential Wastewater Treatment Systems
Lifewater Engineering Company’s offers above ground and below ground ExtremeSTP® residential sewage treatment plants. The above ground units are specifically designed for areas where permafrost, bedrock or other ground or soil conditions make it impractical to install a below ground system. For the above ground systems, the preferred location for discharge is undisturbed, thick, natural vegetation such as a black spruce forest floor, the tundra surface, or a peat bog.
Lifewater’s residential ExtremeSTP® sewage treatment plants:
• Will operate at -60oF (-53oC), provided reliable electrical power is available
• Will not corrode and never need painting
• Are sized for aircraft transport to remote northern communities
• Utilize submerged fixed film activated sludge aerobic sewage treatment
• Include UV disinfection
• Include an effluent pump
The following types of systems are available:
• Double-walled, fully insulated systems for outdoor installation above ground
• Single-walled, uninsulated systems for indoor installation
• Single-walled, insulated or uninsulated systems for installation below ground
The following optional equipment is available for residential or small commercial use:
• Arctic outdoor lift station (to lift raw sewage up into an above ground treatment plant)
• Thermosyphon (to keep the permafrost underneath the system frozen )
Residential System Selector
|No. Bedrooms||No. People||
|1||1 to 2||SST150||SST150||SST150|
|2||1 to 4||SST150|
|3||1 to 6||SST150|
|4||1 to 8||SST600||SST600||SST600|
Larger Homes or Apartment Buildings
Larger models are available for larger homes and apartment buildings.
Systems suitable for subdivisions are described under Village, Subdivision, or Cluster Systems
The Separett Toilet
Separett® waterless toilets are designed to be placed in homes and cabins where there is no access to septic systems, or where a homeowner desires to use less water.
Village, Subdivisions and Cluster Systems
Fixed film or membrane bioreactor systems provide alternatives to lagoons and traditional wastewater treatment plants.
SST1200 (fixed film)