Residential Wastewater Treatment Systems
Lifewater Engineering Company offers above ground and below ground ExtremeSTP® residential sewage treatment plants. The above ground units are specifically designed for areas where permafrost, bedrock or other ground or soil conditions make it impractical to install a below ground system. For the above ground systems, the preferred location for discharge is to undisturbed, natural vegetation such as a black spruce forest floor, the tundra surface, or a peat bog.
Lifewater’s residential ExtremeSTP® sewage treatment plants:
• Will operate at -60°F (-53°C), provided reliable electrical power is available
• Will not corrode and never need painting
• Are sized to be aircraft transportable to remote northern communities
• Utilize submerged, fixed film, activated sludge aerobic sewage treatment
• Include UV disinfection
• Include an effluent pump
The following types of systems are available:
(all systems have effluent discharge pumps)
• Double-walled, fully insulated systems for outdoor installation above ground (with or without built-in inlet lift station)
• Single-walled, uninsulated systems for indoor installation
• Single-walled, insulated systems for installation below ground
The following optional equipment is available for residential or small commercial use:
• Arctic outdoor lift station (to lift raw sewage up into an above ground treatment plant)
• Thermosyphon (to keep the permafrost underneath the system frozen )
Larger Homes or Apartment Buildings
Larger models are available for larger homes and apartment buildings.
Systems suitable for subdivisions are described under Village, Subdivision, or Cluster Systems
Available above-ground models:
SST300 (up to 3-bedroom home on hauled water; up to 2-bedroom home on a well or piped water)
SST300-LS (with built-in inlet lift station; up to 3-bedroom home on hauled water; up to 2-bedroom home on a well or piped water)
SST600 (up to 4-bedroom home)
SST600-LS (with built-in inlet lift station; up to 4-bedroom home)
BBR500 (up to 3-bedroom home; membrane bioreactor sewage treatment plant)
Available below-ground models:
SST650-UG (up to 4-bedroom home)
Separett® waterless toilets are designed to be placed in homes and cabins where there is no access to septic systems, or where a homeowner desires to use less water.
Village, Subdivisions and Cluster Systems
Fixed film or membrane bioreactor systems provide alternatives to lagoons and traditional wastewater treatment plants.
SST1200 (fixed film)